$350,000 Settlement to Burn Victim

Judd Shaw Injury Law™’s client (“S.D.”) was burned with scarring over her entire body from boiling water as a result of a landlord’s negligence. In order to obtain hot water for activities as simple as bathing or showing, Tenant S.D. would need to boil water on her stove and transfer the water to her tub. Despite several complaints, the landlord repeatedly failed to fix the building’s hot water heater. This “slumlord” directly caused the injuries when, on the date of the accident, the pot of boiling water spilled onto S.D. Judd Shaw alleged that Defendant was negligent and obtained a $350,000.00 settlement.