In the aftermath of a car accident, it is not uncommon to hear expressions like, “It just came out of nowhere.” Someone may say, “I don’t know how it happened.” It is understandable that a person may express these thoughts after the traumatic experience of an auto collision.
However, the reality is that accidents do not just “happen.” There may be more than one factor or liable party that caused the collision. An accident reconstruction lawyer can play a critical role in uncovering the truth behind a motor vehicle accident.
The Judd Shaw Injury Law legal team has accident reconstruction lawyers who are proficient at analyzing and reconstructing the events that led to a motor vehicle accident. The goal is to determine the cause of your collision and who may be liable for your injuries and other damages that resulted.
Contact us at 1-866-909-6894 and let us show you our strong desire to help you attain the justice you deserve.
When to Call an Accident Reconstruction Attorney
You should consider using an accident reconstruction attorney if you have been involved in a motor vehicle collision and you have experienced one or more of the following:
- You have suffered serious injuries or losses: An accident reconstruction attorney can help you recover compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, or pain and suffering
- The cause of the collision is unclear or disputed: An accident reconstruction attorney can conduct a thorough investigation. He or she can determine the cause of the collision. The attorney can do this even if the circumstances are complex or the cause is debated.
- You are having difficulty obtaining compensation from insurance companies: An accident reconstruction attorney can negotiate with insurance companies. Your lawyer can get you the compensation you are entitled to receive. An attorney is especially helpful if the insurance company is unwilling to offer a fair settlement.
- You want to pursue a personal injury lawsuit: You may be entitled to compensation beyond what is offered by insurance companies. An accident reconstruction attorney can represent you in court. Doing so can help you recover the compensation you deserve.
- You want to ensure that all relevant evidence is preserved: An accident reconstruction attorney can make certain that all relevant evidence is gathered. An attorney can also help you avoid any mistakes that could negatively impact your case.
After a motor vehicle accident, it is good to consult with an attorney as soon as possible. Do so even if you are unsure whether you will need assistance. An attorney can provide you with guidance and advice. He or she can help you protect your rights and interests throughout the legal process.
Do You Need an Accident Reconstruction Presentation for Your Case?
A principal way that your accident reconstruction lawyer assists you in the legal process is with an accident reconstruction presentation. What is an accident reconstruction presentation? How does it help your case?
Accident reconstruction presentations are used to present the findings and conclusions of an accident reconstruction investigation to different audiences. These listeners can include the court, insurance companies, and general public.
The following are among the most common types of accident reconstruction presentations:
- Court presentations: These presentations are used in court proceedings. They provide evidence and support for the claims of the plaintiff. The presentation may include visual aids, such as diagrams and animations, as well as testimony from witnesses and experts.
- Insurance presentations: Insurance companies may request a reconstruction presentation. They do this to help determine liabilities and responsibilities. These presentations are typically more focused on the technical aspects of the reconstruction. This would include the analysis of physical evidence and simulation results.
- Expert reports: An accident reconstruction lawyer may prepare a written report explaining the findings of the reconstruction investigation. This report may include detailed descriptions of the events that caused the collision. It also can have the results of any simulations or other analyses.
- Demonstrative evidence: In some cases, an accident reconstruction lawyer may use demonstrative evidence. These include models or mock-ups. They are used to help illustrate the events that led to a collision. This type of presentation can be particularly effective in court proceedings, simplifying complex technical concepts for the jury.
Regardless of the type of presentation, the goal of an accident reconstruction presentation is to provide a clear, convincing explanation of the events that unfolded into a motor vehicle collision. Uncovering the truth behind a motor vehicle accident can ensure that those responsible are held accountable and help you achieve the compensation you deserve.
What Compensation Can a Reconstruction Lawyer Help You Obtain?
An accident reconstruction lawyer can help you obtain various forms of compensation for the damages and losses you have suffered as a result of a motor vehicle collision.
This can include the following six types of compensation:
- Medical expenses: This includes the cost of all medical treatments, such as hospital stays, surgeries, rehabilitation, and ongoing care
- Lost wages: If you are unable to work due to your injuries, you may be entitled to compensation for the wages you have lost as a result of your absence
- Pain and suffering: This type of compensation is intended to compensate you for the physical and emotional pain and suffering you have experienced as a result of your accident
- Property damage: If your vehicle or other personal property was damaged in the collision, you may be entitled to compensation for the cost of repairs or replacement
- Loss of consortium: If your car accident has impacted your ability to maintain relationships with your family, you may be entitled to compensation for this loss
- Punitive damages: In some cases, an accident reconstruction lawyer may be able to recover additional compensation in the form of punitive damages, which are intended to punish the defendant for particularly reckless behavior
Your amount of compensation is affected by the specific circumstances of your case. An accident reconstruction lawyer can help you determine what compensation you may be entitled to obtain.
He or she can also speak with insurance companies on your behalf to negotiate a fair sum. If an agreement cannot be made, then your lawyer can represent you in court to get you the compensation you are entitled to receive.
An Accident Reconstruction Lawyer at Judd Shaw Injury Law Can Help You
Some 5 million car accidents occurred in 2020. However, although common, car collisions do not “just happen.” In cases where the cause of a car collision is in dispute, an accident reconstruction lawyer can help you. He or she can analyze the physical evidence and reconstruct the events leading up to the accident.
Your lawyer’s analysis can determine the cause of the accident and establish liability. This can be critical in securing just compensation for you.
Contact us at 1-866-909-6894 or complete our online form to get a free case review – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our accident reconstruction lawyers have years of experience fighting for New Jersey victims. With our No Fee Guarantee®, you won’t pay us anything unless you get money for your claim.