Foggy weather can create dangerous driving conditions. Unfortunately, car accidents often occur during inclement weather, even for careful drivers. If you have been involved in a fog-related car accident, you should seek legal assistance as soon as possible.
At Judd Shaw Injury Law, we care about our clients. We understand that dealing with the aftermath of a car accident can be very overwhelming. We want to make the recovery process as easy as possible for you and your family. Our attorneys can handle the legal aspects of your case so that you can focus on healing and moving forward with your life.
Don’t wait to protect your rights. Our car accident attorneys have years of experience protecting the rights of auto collision victims. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to assist you. Contact us at 1-866-909-6894 or by filling out our online contact form.
How Can Fog Cause a Car Accident?
Car accidents are among the most dangerous types of collisions on the road and are often caused by a combination of factors. These include low visibility, wet roads, and high speeds.
Many people are unaware of the dangers of driving in the fog. When visibility is low, drivers may have difficulty seeing other vehicles or obstacles in the world. Fog can also make it harder to judge distance and speed or cause problems with depth perception. Such trouble seeing can lead to collisions and serious injuries or death.
What Should You Do After a Fog Car Accident?
After a car accident, you should take the following steps to protect your health and your rights:
- Seek medical attention immediately. You may feel that you were not seriously hurt, but you should still be seen by a medical professional. Some injuries may not be apparent until days or months after the accident.
- Contact an accident lawyer right away. A lawyer can guide you through the complex legal process. Your legal team will also work to ensure that your case is treated fairly.
- Gather evidence. Call 911 and report the collision. Take pictures of the scene of the accident and the damage to all involved vehicles. Gather the contact information of any witnesses.
- Do not give a statement to insurance companies without a lawyer present. Insurance adjusters may try to have you give a recorded statement without an attorney. This is done to make you say something that will allow them to reduce the potential settlement.
Who Is Liable If You Are Hurt in a Fog-Related Accident?
Driving in fog can be a tricky, dangerous experience. It is easy to become disoriented, unable to realize how near or far away you are to or from other cars and obstacles. When a car accident takes place in foggy conditions, who is at fault?
Depending on the circumstances, liability may fall on the other driver involved in the collision. This is true even if the driver was unaware of the dangers of driving in foggy conditions. In some cases, both drivers may be found at fault to some extent for the collision.
The government entity responsible for maintaining the road may be liable when poor road conditions contributed to the accident. For example, if there was no shoulder on the road and a driver went off into a ditch, the city or county meant to maintain that road may have to cover the resulting damages.
How a Car Accident Lawyer Can Help You
Do you need a lawyer to handle your car accident claim? It is always a good idea to have a knowledgeable attorney on your side. You deserve to work with a legal advocate who is willing to help you get the justice and settlement you need.
Here are some ways an accident attorney can help your case:
- Your lawyer will investigate your accident. Your lawyer will examine the details and can gather evidence, such as security camera footage and more, to build a solid case.
- Your lawyer can negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf. The right lawyer will not be afraid to negotiate with the insurance companies to get a fair settlement for your claim.
- Your lawyer can help you to pursue a lawsuit. A lawyer can take your case to court and fight for the compensation you deserve.
Having the right legal team helping you can increase your chances of receiving a fair settlement. Contact Judd Shaw Injury Law to learn what our attorneys can do for you.
How to Find the Right Lawyer for Your Claim
When searching for a lawyer, you should consider the following tips:
- Choose a lawyer with experience. When it comes to choosing a car accident lawyer, his or her experience should be one of your top considerations. Look for a lawyer who has successfully handled cases like yours in the past. For example, the attorneys at Judd Shaw Injury Law have recovered millions of dollars in compensation for our clients. To view some of our past case results, click here.
- Read online reviews. You can learn a lot about a law firm by reading reviews from previous clients. To see what our satisfied clients have to say about us, click to read our testimonials. Although no specific result is guaranteed for your case, we can put our experience to work for you.
- Schedule a consultation. You should schedule a consultation with the lawyer you are considering. This will give you an opportunity to get to know him or her and ask any questions you may have. Our attorneys offer free consultations to all potential clients.
We understand how complex these types of cases can be, and we know how difficult it is to be involved in a car accident. When you hire Judd Shaw Injury Law, we will tirelessly advocate for your rights.
What Damages Can You Recover After an Accident?
After an accident, you may be eligible to recover compensation costs associated with the accident. The types of damages that can be awarded include:
- Medical expenses, including long-term care
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
- Punitive damages
- Wrongful death damages
Judd Shaw Injury Law Can Help You After a Car Accident
The United States Department of Transportation states that there were 1,235,145 vehicle collisions due to bad weather from 2007 to 2016. Additionally, 25,451 of these crashes happened in foggy weather. Sadly, the same report stated that thousands of people lost their lives or were seriously hurt as a result.
At Judd Shaw Injury Law, we understand how traumatizing being in a collision can be. Accidents are especially scary if you did not see the danger until the last second due to heavy fog.
After being involved in a car accident, we encourage you to contact us for a free consultation. There is no risk or obligation when you meet with us to discuss your case.
We offer a no-fee guarantee, which means you do not have to pay us anything unless we win a settlement for your claim. To get started on your claim, call us at 1-866-909-6894 or complete our contact form here on our website.