New Jersey is a no-fault state when it comes to car insurance. That means that each driver’s own insurance company pays for medical bills and other losses after a car accident for the insured vehicle, regardless of who was at fault. However, it is best to have an attorney on your side who is ready to assist you in getting the compensation you deserve.
After your collision, call Judd Shaw Injury Law or fill out our contact form. Our knowledgeable car accident injury lawyers can help you examine your legal options. We’ll also help you recover compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and other damages. When you entrust your case to us, you’re guaranteed a team who cares about the success of your case and your recovery, too. We can guide you every step of the way.
If you were injured in a car accident and want to increase the success of your claim, don’t wait. Contact our New Jersey car accident lawyers today to schedule a free consultation. Call us at 1-866-909-6894 or complete our contact form.
What Damages Can You Recover After a Car Accident in New Jersey?
Most people think that the only damages that can be recovered after a car accident are medical expenses and property damage. However, in New Jersey, there are actually many different types of damages that you may be able to recover.
For example, you may be able to get compensation for:
- Medical bills – For the cost of your medical treatment and aftercare related to the accident
- Property damage – For the cost of your car or other valuable property that must be repaired or replaced
- Lost wages – If you miss work due to your injuries
- Pain and suffering damages – Designed to compensate you for the physical and emotional anguish that you have suffered
- Wrongful death damages – If your spouse or family member was killed in the accident
Of course, every case is different, so you must speak with an experienced car accident lawyer who can evaluate your case and help you understand the types of damages you may be eligible to receive.
Another benefit of hiring a car injury attorney is that he or she can help you deal with the insurance companies. Insurance companies are often reluctant to pay out on claims, and they may try to limit the amount of your settlement. A personal injury lawyer, though, will fight for you and make sure that you get the most amount of compensation possible.
Common Injuries After a Car Accident
If you were injured in a car accident that was caused by another driver, you should consult an attorney to discuss your legal options. Here are a few common injuries that people often experience:
- Head trauma
- Broken bones
- Back and neck injuries
- Disfigurement and scars
If you have been involved in a car accident, make sure to seek medical attention right away – even if you do not believe you have any serious injuries. Some dangerous conditions fail to show immediately and could have long-term consequences.
A car accident attorney can help you recover compensation for your injuries, expenses, lowered quality of life, and any property damage that may have occurred. If you have been injured in a collision, do not hesitate to contact our New Jersey car accident injury lawyers to discuss your case.
When to Hire a Car Injury Lawyer in New Jersey
Don’t wait to hire a lawyer – time is limited to file your claim. You should call Judd Shaw Injury Law immediately after your collision. Even if the other driver was at fault, that person’s insurance company may not be willing to give you a fair settlement without a fight. A skilled attorney, though, can help you negotiate with the insurance company and get you the compensation you deserve.
If you were in a hit-and-run accident, or if the other driver does not have insurance, you will likely need to hire a lawyer to help you recover damages. You may also need to hire an attorney if the other driver is contesting liability for the collision.
In any of these cases, it is important to have a car accident lawyer on your side to protect your rights and get you the most favorable outcome possible. Thus, it’s always in your best interests to have an attorney who is dedicated to your success. He or she can greatly increase the monetary compensation you walk away with.
Talk to Judd Shaw Injury Law to learn how our attorneys can help you in this way. For instance, ask us about our process. We work with our clients to gather evidence, build a case, and negotiate with the insurance company – but you always get the last say.
How to Find the Right Car Injury Lawyer in New Jersey
When you’ve been in a car accident, the last thing you may be eager to do is seek out an attorney. But this is likely necessary in order to get the compensation you deserve. So how do you go about finding the right car injury lawyer in New Jersey?
Here are a few things to keep in mind when looking for a car injury lawyer in New Jersey:
- First, make sure the lawyer is experienced in handling car accident cases. This way, you can be sure he or she knows the ins and outs of the legal processes and will be able to fight for your rights effectively. Your attorney should be familiar with the laws in New Jersey if they pertain to your case. This will ensure that your attorney can effectively navigate the legal system in your case’s jurisdiction and get you the compensation you deserve.
- Second, ask the attorney for referrals from past clients.
- Third, schedule a consultation with the lawyer to get a better sense of his or her personality and style.
- Once you’ve narrowed down your choices, make sure you are comfortable with your choice of lawyer and feel confident that he or she can represent you well. This is important because you’ll be sharing sensitive information with your attorney; you need to be able to trust that person implicitly.
- Be sure to ask about his or her experience handling car accident cases, as well as how your case will be handled. Make sure you’re comfortable with the lawyer’s fees and that you understand the terms of the retainer agreement.
Choosing the right car injury attorney can make a big difference in the outcome of your case. Be sure to take your time and choose someone you feel confident can get you the best results possible.
Don’t Leave Your Case to Chance – Call Judd Shaw Injury Law
If you have been injured in a car accident in New Jersey, it is always advisable to hire a car injury lawyer who can help you navigate the complex legal process, negotiate with the insurance companies, and ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve.
When you entrust your case to Judd Shaw Injury Law, you’re guaranteed a team that cares about you. We won’t let the insurance companies pressure you into an unfair settlement. If you have been hurt in a car accident, you’ve already suffered enough, so don’t leave the justice you are owed to chance.
Get the monetary compensation that you are entitled to after your injury. Contact Judd Shaw Injury Law for a free review of your case. Contact us at 1-866-909-6894 or complete the free online form on this page.