Facts About Head-On Collisions
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) reported that head-on collisions were the cause of over 54 percent of auto accident deaths. This makes head-on collisions one of the most dangerous types of car accidents, which often result in life-threatening injuries or death.
Most head-on collision accidents occur on two-lane roads. They are also more likely to happen on curves or near hills where one driver may be distracted or unable to see oncoming traffic. Their likelihood is increased when driving at night or in adverse weather conditions.
These are just a few circumstances that could cause a head-on collision. Other common causes include:
- Driver error and fatigue
- Distracted driving or texting while driving
- Drunk driving or driving under the influence of drugs
- Medical emergencies
- Mechanical problems
- Reckless driving or speeding;
- Weather conditions
- Road conditions.
Head-on collisions can be devastating and often result in serious injuries or death. If you or a loved one has been involved in a head-on collision, seek the advice of an experienced New Jersey personal injury lawyer who can help you determine your legal rights and options.
Regardless of the cause, head-on collisions can have devastating consequences. If you have been involved in a head-on collision, you could face a long road to recovery. You may be dealing with significant injuries, expensive medical bills, and lost wages from time spent away from work. The lawyers of Judd Shaw Injury Law, though, can help you pursue compensation for your damages and fight for the justice you deserve.
Common Injuries After a Head-on Collision
A head-on collision is one of the most serious types of car accidents. The force of the impact can cause serious injuries, including broken bones, internal bleeding, and traumatic brain injury.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a head-on collision, you may be entitled to receive compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. You’ve already suffered enough from your accident. Don’t shoulder your medical expenses alone.
Our knowledgeable New Jersey car accident lawyers at Judd Shaw Injury Law can help you review your case and hold the responsible parties accountable.
What to Do Immediately After the Accident
After a car accident, it is important to know what steps to take in order to ensure your safety and the safety of those around you. These suggestions could help your case:
- Check yourself and your passengers for injuries. If anyone is injured, call 911 right away. If everyone is okay, move your vehicle to the side of the road and turn on your hazard lights.
- Seek medical attention. Sometimes injuries from car accidents don’t show up right away, but it’s always better to be safe and get checked out by a medical professional.
- Don’t admit fault. In the confusion of the accident, you could become responsible for all the damages by claiming fault.
- Call the police to file a report. Even if there are no injuries, it’s important to have a record of the accident. The police will likely ask for your insurance information, so it’s good to have that handy.
- Exchange information with the other driver. This includes your name, address, phone number, and insurance information. You should also exchange your driver’s license number. If there are any witnesses to the accident, you should get their contact information as well.
- Document everything. Keep track of all medical bills and expenses related to the accident. These will be important documentation for your claim.
- Stay off social media. Don’t use social media until you have consulted with an attorney. Anything posted on social media about your accident or injuries could be used against you.
- Call Judd Shaw Injury Law. Call us before talking to the insurance companies, to make sure your rights are protected.
Our lawyers have extensive experience handling head-on collision cases, and we have a proven track record of success. We will fight for the maximum compensation possible for your injuries, including lost wages, pain and suffering, and more. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation.
After a Head-On Collision Get the Compensation You Deserve
Head-on collisions are some of the most serious accidents that can occur, and they often have traumatic results. If you were injured in a head-on collision, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
The first step in recovering compensation is to contact an experienced New Jersey head-on collision accident lawyer. Your lawyer will review your case and determine who is liable for your injuries.
Head-on collision cases can be very complex. If you have been injured in a head-on collision, contact Judd Shaw Injury Law today for a free case review with one of our New Jersey accident lawyers.
Statute of Limitations in New Jersey for Head-on Collisions
Remember, there is a statute of limitations in New Jersey for filing a personal injury claim. The statute of limitations is 2 years from the date of the accident. If you do not file your claim within this time frame, you will be unable to recover damages for your injuries.
Contact Judd Shaw Injury Law as soon as possible. Our lawyers will help you navigate the complex legal process and fight for the compensation you deserve.
With a proven track record of success in head-on collision cases, we are dedicated to achieving the best possible outcome for our clients. Contact us today for a free consultation.
Judd Shaw Injury Law – We’ll Fight to Get You the Money You’re Entitled To
If you’ve been in a head-on collision in New Jersey, you know how serious these accidents can be. You could face significant injuries and property damage, and you may be wondering how to proceed. A New Jersey head-on collision accident lawyer can help.
We’ll investigate the accident and gather evidence to build a strong case on your behalf. If you’ve been in a head-on collision, don’t wait to get help – contact our New Jersey head-on collision accident lawyers today. We’re invested in seeing you succeed.
Don’t wait to learn about your rights. Our lawyers follow the Judd Shaw Way, which means you’ll get a knowledgeable team with the experience and resources necessary to get you justice.
Contact us at 1-866-909-6894 or complete our online form for a free consultation. With our No Fee Guarantee®, you won’t pay us anything unless you get a settlement for your claim.