A truck accident lawyer is a type of personal injury attorney that represents people who have been injured in a truck accident. Truck accidents are different from other types of collisions. They require detailed knowledge to deal with the complex laws and regulations that govern these types of incidents. These laws are much stricter than those for other vehicles.
The legal team of Judd Shaw Injury Law has experience handling all types of truck accident claims, from minor fender-benders to major collisions. We understand the unique challenges that these cases present, and we know how to get results. Contact us today for a free consultation by completing the contact form or calling us 24/7 at 1-866-909-6894.
What Does a Truck Accident Lawyer Do?
An attorney can be extremely helpful if you have been involved in a collision with a commercial truck. Between dealing with your injuries, property damage, and insurance companies, it is easy to feel like you are in over your head. That is where a truck accident lawyer comes in.
Many trucking companies and their insurance providers have legal teams and investigators who begin working on their defense as soon as an incident is reported. You need someone on your side who knows how to level the playing field and fight for your case’s best possible outcome.
There are many different steps that an attorney will take in order to aid you in receiving proper compensation. For example:
- Conducting a thorough investigation of the accident, trying to piece together what happened. This includes collecting evidence, interviewing witnesses, and reviewing the police report. This can include photos of the accident scene, witness statements, and your medical records.
- Building a strong case and analyzing all aspects of the case to identify any potential legal issues. This includes gathering supporting documentation, such as medical records, employment information, and financial records.
- Negotiating with the trucking company’s insurance provider to try to reach a settlement. Insurance companies are not known for being cooperative when it comes to offering fair settlements, but your attorney can take the lead in negotiations on your behalf.
Dealing with insurance companies can be difficult. No matter what stage of the process you are at, it is important to have the right legal representative by your side. You need someone on your side who knows the ins and outs of the legal system and can fight for your best interests. That is exactly what a truck accident lawyer can do for you.
Determining Liability in a Truck Accident Case
Your attorney will gather details of the accident and collect evidence to support your claim. This may include interviewing witnesses, reviewing medical records, and obtaining police reports.
There are many factors that go into determining liability in a truck accident case. For example:
- Who was driving the truck at the time of the accident? If the truck was being driven by an employee of the company, then the company may be held liable for the accident. If the truck was being rented or leased by the company, then the company that owns the truck may be held liable.
- What caused the accident? Was it due to a mechanical failure? If so, then the company that maintains the trucks may be held liable. Was it due to driver error? If so, then the driver may be held liable.
- What is the driver’s history? The truck driver’s history will also be examined to see what else could have contributed to the accident. Did the driver have a history of reckless, drunk, or intoxicated driving? Did he or she have known health conditions that impaired his or her ability to drive safely?
Negotiating With the Insurance Companies
Most people are aware that insurance companies exist to make a profit. They are in the business of collecting premiums and paying out as little as possible in claims. This is especially a valid point when it comes to truck accident collisions. The stakes are high because the potential injuries and damages are often severe.
An attorney who has worked on claims similar to yours will know how to accurately assess all relevant damages in order to get you the best possible settlement, whereas the insurance company will likely try to lowball you at first. They may offer you only a fraction of what you are actually owed. This is where having a knowledgeable legal counsel comes in handy.
How to Find the Right Truck Accident Lawyer for You
Here are some helpful tips for hiring a reputable truck accident attorney:
- Make sure the lawyer you choose has experience handling truck accident cases. There are many different types of attorneys, but not all of them have experience with truck accidents. You want to make sure the one you choose is familiar with the unique issues that arise in these collision cases. During your initial consultation, be sure to ask about the firm’s experience and whether they have successfully represented other clients in similar situations.
- Ensure your legal team values you. You should be patient and ready to answer any questions or concerns you may have about the legal process. The law firm’s policies should be transparent and they should never pressure you to make a decision immediately.
- Choose an attorney who is aggressive and will fight for you. Trucking companies and their insurance carriers will do everything they can to minimize their liability. So you need a representative who is willing to aggressively pursue your claim and get you the full settlement you are entitled to receive.
- Find a law firm with the resources to take on big trucking companies. These companies have deep pockets and will fight tooth and nail to avoid paying out what they owe. You need a law firm with the resources to take on these big companies and get you the compensation you deserve.
- Ask about the legal team’s communication methods. Your lawyer’s aim should be to make sure you are kept informed and feel confident in the advice that you are receiving before deciding. Communication with your team should never feel coerced, burdensome, or unwelcome. By having an initial consultation, you can determine whether this lawyer is right for your needs.
Judd Shaw Injury Law – Truck Accident Lawyers Willing to Fight for You
At Judd Shaw Injury Law, we have experience handling truck accident cases. Our team understands the ins and outs of these types of collisions. We will work tirelessly to give your case the best possible outcome. To us, every client is worth the fight.
When our attorneys stand up for your rights, they will never stop fighting on your behalf. We are not out to simply get a quick settlement from an insurance company. Our aim is to get you the proper settlement and justice that you deserve.
At our law firm, our core values guide us every day to ensure that our service meets your expectations. We view transparency and trust as key to having meaningful interactions with our clients. We welcome any questions you have and will guide you in navigating the complex legal landscape.
To discuss the details of your case and learn more about your legal options, schedule a no-obligation, free consultation. Complete the contact form or contact us anytime at1-866-909-6894.