If you have been in a truck accident, you know how stressful the aftermath can be. Besides painful injuries and emotional distress, you could be facing the loss of a vehicle, property damage, and plenty of paperwork. If you are feeling overwhelmed, do not hesitate to contact an experienced truck accident attorney who can help you navigate the legal process and protect your rights. He or she can also help you recover compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Remember, you do not have to face this situation by yourself. The personal injury lawyers of Judd Shaw Injury Law are ready to fight for the settlement you deserve for your suffering. Let us help you every step of the way. If we take your case, we will work tirelessly to win a fair settlement outcome for your case.
Since the circumstances of every case are different and your needs are unique to you, the outcome of your case may vary. However, with our team of accident attorneys behind you, you can trust your case is in safe hands. Our clients know that when our lawyers step up for them, they have a team that is dedicated to their success. Contact us at 1-866-909-6894 or through the contact form for a free no-obligation consultation.
What to Do Immediately After the Truck Accident
In the days after a collision, you may be facing difficult decisions. You must act fast to protect your rights, otherwise, you could be left shouldering the bill for extensive injuries, long-term treatment, and costly medical treatment.
It is important to take the following steps in the days following a truck accident:
- Seek medical attention, even if you think you are not injured. The US Department of Transportation reported that between 2018 and 2019, the number of large trucks involved in crashes that resulted in injuries increased by 6 percent, from 112,000 to 119,000. You may have sustained injuries even if you feel like you were not seriously injured. Some injuries may not be immediately apparent and may take months to become noticeable. It is urgent that you seek medical attention.
- Contact an experienced truck accident lawyer. An attorney can help you navigate the complex legal process and fight for the compensation you deserve.
- Gather evidence and carefully document the accident. This includes taking photos of the scene, getting the contact information of witnesses, and keeping track of all your medical records and expenses related to the accident.
- Avoid giving a statement. Do not communicate with the trucking company or their insurance adjuster without first consulting with an attorney. Insurance companies look for ways to avoid paying you what you deserve. Anything you say could be used against your claim later on.
- Do not post details about the accident on social media. Social media posts could be used against you in a liability lawsuit or to discredit your injury claims.
- Be sure to keep track of all deadlines related to your case. Deadlines could include filing a police report or giving notice of your intent to sue. Missing a deadline could jeopardize your claim.
Contact a Truck Accident Lawyer Before Speaking to the Insurance Company
After a truck accident, it is important to hire a lawyer before speaking to the insurance companies. The insurance companies are not on your side and may try to take advantage of you if you do not have representation. A truck wreck lawyer should be ready to stand up for your rights and make sure you are fairly treated.
If you have been involved in a truck crash, the first thing you should do is seek medical attention. Once you have been seen by a doctor, it is important to contact an accident lawyer. Do not give a statement to the trucking company or their insurance adjuster without first consulting an attorney. The insurance companies may try to pressure you into accepting a fast and low settlement offer.
A truck accident can be a very traumatic experience, and it is important to have someone on your side who knows how to deal with insurance companies. A truck accident lawyer can fight for the justice you deserve for your pain and suffering.
Document All Expenses in the Weeks After a Truck Accident
If you have been involved in a truck accident, you should document all of your expenses in the weeks following the accident. These may include any medical bills, property damage, lost wages, and other out-of-pocket expenses.
If you have carefully documented your expenses, it will be easier to get reimbursement from the responsible party or their insurance company. To make sure you do not miss anything, keep a notebook or folder specifically for documenting truck accident-related expenses. Every time you incur an expense, jot it down in the notebook or save the receipts. This way, you will have everything in one place when it comes time to file a claim.
What Expenses Can Be Recovered After a Truck Accident?
Here are some of the most common expenses that can be recovered after a truck accident:
- Medical expenses: This includes any hospital bills, ambulance fees, doctor’s visits, prescription costs, and therapy costs
- Lost wages: If you are unable to work because of your injuries, you can recover your lost income
- Property damage: If your vehicle was damaged in the accident, you may be entitled to recover the repair or replacement costs
- Pain and suffering: This is a more subjective expense, but it can include things like emotional trauma and physical pain and suffering
- Punitive damages: In some cases, punitive damages may be awarded if the truck driver acted in a particularly reckless or negligent manner
Let Judd Shaw Injury Law Help You After a Truck Accident
In the days following a truck accident, there are many things that need to be taken care of and resolved. From dealing with insurance companies to getting your vehicle repaired, it can be a lot to handle. That is where the Judd Shaw legal team comes in. We understand how stressful this time can be, and we are here to help you through it.
We can handle the paperwork, negotiations with the insurance companies, and all other legal aspects of your case so that you can focus on recovering from your injuries and getting your life back on track. We have a proven track record of success in truck accident cases, and we can fight to get you the compensation you deserve.
If you or someone you know has been involved in a truck accident, do not hesitate to contact Judd Shaw Injury Law to schedule a free no-obligation consultation. We are ready to fight for you every step of the way and make sure that you get the justice you deserve. Contact us right away by calling 1-866-909-6894 or completing the online contact form to learn more about your legal options.