If you have been severely hurt in a catastrophic accident, you are likely feeling desperate for answers. The effects of a catastrophic injury go well beyond physical pain, even turning lives upside down for the foreseeable future. Recovering full and fair compensation for your pain and suffering may be essential in order to get your life back on track.
Judd Shaw Injury Law recognizes that you may be feeling overwhelmed at the prospect of filing an insurance claim or pursuing a lawsuit in the aftermath of your accident. But we can take on this burden for you so that you can focus on your recovery. With decades of combined experience behind us, we pride ourselves in fighting on behalf of New Jersey personal injury victims. You deserve restitution for the trauma you have experienced.
Contact Judd Shaw Injury Law by calling 1-866-909-6894 or filling out our online form to get a free case evaluation. It is our belief that everyone should have access to legal help after an accident or injury. With our No Fee Guarantee®, we promise that you won’t pay us anything unless you get money for your claim.
Defining a Catastrophic Injury
Catastrophic injuries have a significant and lasting impact on the victims and their families. The injured are often rendered unable to work for a lengthy period of time or even permanently, which means significant personal and economic losses.
Catastrophic injuries can be categorized in several ways:
- Physical injury: Such conditions can include spinal cord injuries, traumatic brain injuries, severe burns, organ damage, loss of a limb, and similar injuries that seriously impact a person’s physical well-being and ability to function.
- Cognitive injury: These usually stem from traumatic brain injuries and can be absolutely devastating. Such conditions can affect a person’s ability to think, remember, and work. Additionally, personality changes, anxiety, and depression are often linked to traumatic brain injuries.
- Economic injury: These particular damages are impacts on the finances of the victim and his or her family. These may include medical bills, lost wages, cost of future care, and additional out-of-pocket expenses.
Catastrophic injury claims are often complicated, and your future well-being may hinge on the outcome of yours. An experienced lawyer at Judd Shaw Injury Law, though, will be able to help you achieve the best possible outcome.
How Our Catastrophic Injury Lawyers Can Help You
There are several factors to consider in deciding whether to hire an attorney after a catastrophic accident. For example, the circumstances surrounding your accident, the severity of your injuries, and your long-term prognosis are all significant factors.
After suffering a life-changing injury, you may find that you need all the help you can get. There are multiple reasons why you can benefit from hiring a qualified attorney under such circumstances.
The experienced catastrophic injury lawyers of Judd Shaw Injury Law can help you by:
- Clarifying legal procedures: Filing an insurance claim or pursuing a lawsuit involves many steps and is rarely straightforward. Additionally, everything must be filed in a timely and succinct manner. A skilled attorney knows how best to move your case through the legal system, thereby advancing the claim in your best interests.
- Gathering and establishing evidence: This is critical in pursuing a successful catastrophic injury claim. Your lawyer can identify what kind of evidence will be beneficial in your case and then help you to gather and verify it. This may include accessing medical records and accident reports as well as contacting witnesses and perhaps experts to testify in your case if necessary.
- Proving negligence: In any kind of injury claim, the injured person must prove fault to collect damages and win the case. Your lawyer will be able to help you determine legal liability and identify at-fault parties. The negligent party could include a property owner, your employer, a seller or manufacturer of defective products, and others. Even if your own actions contributed to your catastrophic injury, you may still be eligible for an amount of compensation.
- Setting the value of your claim: It can be difficult to establish the dollar value of a catastrophic injury claim. Your attorney will help you to consider many factors beyond the cost of your medical care. You may claim lost wages, nursing care, physical therapy, mental and emotional trauma, and property damage – if appropriate. It’s vital to carefully weigh the full impact of your injuries to come to a reasonable and fair compensation agreement.
- Negotiating with insurance companies: Insurance companies are notoriously hard to deal with in catastrophic injury claims. They are most often interested in their own bottom line, rather than the future well-being of the injured party. Insurance negotiators are tough and may look to settle before all facts of the case have been established. An adept catastrophic injury lawyer, though, can handle this pressure and fight to the end for your right to full and proper compensation.
- Determining damage caps: Some types of catastrophic injury claims are subject to damage caps. This means that there is a limit to the amount of non-economic damages that may be awarded for a case, such as for pain and suffering, inconvenience, and emotional distress. Your attorney will be able to explain any applicable damage caps to you and help you claim every last dollar you legally can.
- Evaluating settlement offers: An attorney for catastrophic injury claims understands the importance of getting your settlement exactly right. Therefore, when a settlement offer has been made, your attorney can analyze it and help you decide whether it is advisable to accept the offer, reject it, or make a counterclaim.
- Allowing you to focus on your recovery: Suffering a catastrophic injury is incredibly stressful. Such life-changing conditions bring terrible physical, financial, and emotional strains. It is imperative that you be able to focus on your recovery in order to regain your quality of life. A catastrophic injury lawyer will focus on your legal claim for you so that you can prioritize your physical and emotional healing.
A catastrophic injury lawyer with Judd Shaw Injury Law will be able to use his or her legal know-how and resources to help you to establish a strong and compelling case as you move forward with your legal claim.
Contact New Jersey Catastrophic Injury Attorneys for Help
Suffering a catastrophic injury can result in untold hardships. As an added burden to your pain and suffering, the legal process is complex, and understanding what is needed to successfully pursue compensation can be a confusing and difficult task.
The personal injury lawyers of Judd Shaw Injury Law are here to answer your questions and protect your rights from start to finish. With our committed legal team on your side, you can be confident that we will see your case through to the end. We do all in our power to attain rightful compensation for the physical, financial, and emotional damages of every client.
Contact us today at 1-866-909-6894 or fill out our online form to get a free case review. A member of our legal team is available to speak with you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. There is no cost or obligation to get started. As we promise with our No Fee Guarantee®, our team covers all of the costs of the legal process until you receive the compensation you deserve.