A serious accident can turn your life upside down in a single moment. Whether you were hurt as a result of a motor vehicle collision, a fall, a dog bite, or some other unfortunate incident, you could be feeling overwhelmed and anxious.
Accidents often incur more than significant physical pain and trauma – coupled with financial burdens and other complications as well. Negotiating with insurance companies and pursuing your rightful compensation can be confusing and stressful. In such situations, an experienced accident attorney is the advocate you need.
If you were seriously hurt in an accident, the knowledgeable and passionate legal team at Judd Shaw Injury Law can help you get the restitution you deserve. Working with a dedicated personal injury lawyer from our team on your side can ease your stress so that you can focus on attaining your best possible quality of life. Our legal team can work to help you establish the facts of your case and navigate your legal options.
Contact Judd Shaw Injury Law at 1-866-909-6894 or complete our online form to get a free case review. Our personal injury attorneys have dedicated their careers to fighting for New Jersey accident victims – and with our No Fee Guarantee®, you won’t pay us anything unless you get money for your claim.
Benefits of Hiring a Personal Injury Lawyer After an Accident
Accidents tend to catch you off guard and leave you reeling. In the aftermath of such an event, your personal injury lawyer will focus on protecting your legal rights so you can focus on your treatment and recovery.
An accident attorney can assist you in several fundamental ways:
- Explaining your rights: A personal injury lawyer knows the laws and how they pertain to your particular situation. He or she can help to determine who was at fault and whether negligence led to your accident. After establishing such facts, your attorney can clarify what kind of compensation you are entitled to by law.
- Offering advice: Your attorney can give you knowledgeable and objective advice on how to best proceed with your claim. The process of resolving an accident claim is complex and often involves many parties, including lawyers, medical personnel, and insurance negotiators. A skilled personal injury lawyer knows how to interact with all involved parties and can negotiate with them on your behalf.
- Navigating the legal system: Accident claims typically involve filing a significant amount of paperwork. Your attorney will help you to do this in an organized and timely manner, ensuring that no important deadlines are missed. Additionally, your accident lawyer will prepare you for any mediation or arbitration hearings that may be necessary in the process of resolving your case.
- Assessing damages: Your attorney can help you to assess your past and current damages as well as evaluate what your future expenses may be. This is critical in pursuing rightful and fair compensation for accident victims.
- Representing you in court if necessary: Although most personal injury cases are settled out of court, having a personal injury lawyer familiar with your case is invaluable in the event your case goes to trial. Experienced court representation can ensure a more favorable outcome for accident victims.
Hiring an accident attorney in the event of serious injury is in your best interest. A skilled personal injury lawyer will fight tirelessly for you to get maximum compensation for your pain and suffering.
Potential Compensation Your Accident Lawyer Can Help You Attain
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the US counts 35 million injury-related emergency department visits annually. Sadly, a good number of these accidents result in significant loss.
Accident losses can range in severity and may involve a totaled vehicle, debilitating physical conditions, and emotional pain and suffering possibly involving anxiety and post-traumatic stress. A personal injury lawyer can help you identify all the losses you have suffered and what type of compensation you may be eligible to pursue.
Depending on the circumstances of your accident, you may qualify to attain restitution for:
- Pain and suffering
- Cost of current and future medical bills
- Past, present, and future lost wages
- Reduced earning capacity
- Cost to repair or replace property
- Out-of-pocket expenses related to or as a result of the accident
- Emotional pain and anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of companionship or consortium
In any case, the extent of your damages directly affects the amount of compensation you can receive. The more serious your accident, the higher likelihood of significant damages. The motivated and supportive lawyers at Judd Shaw Injury Law can assess the extent of your damages in order to pursue a fair settlement agreement.
What to Do in the Aftermath of an Accident
If you have been hurt and are pursuing a personal injury claim, there are several ways you can help your attorney and improve your chances of a fast and fair settlement. These include:
- Promptly reporting the accident to the police
- Collecting evidence at the scene of the accident, including photographs, and witness’ contact information
- Getting a copy of any incident report or security camera footage documenting the accident
- Keeping a copy of all medical bills and invoices related to your injuries
- Keeping all estimates and receipts for property damage sustained in the accident
- Avoiding speaking to others or posting on social media about the accident
Taking such steps can help to preserve important evidence that will help you and your attorney establish a strong legal case for compensation.
Contact a New Jersey Accident Lawyer for Help
If you have suffered serious harm in an accident, you may worry that you will never get back on your feet. Trying to address your physical pain and suffering while navigating the legal and insurance system may feel like it is too big of a burden to bear. Please rest assured, though, that you are not alone and the personal injury attorneys at Judd Shaw Injury Law want to help you through this difficult time.
Our attorneys are proud to fight for accident victims throughout New Jersey. Our legal team is committed to seeing your case through to the end. We abide by “The Judd Shaw Way” – meaning that, in our commitment to client service, we are guided by a set of core values that defines every action we take on behalf of our clients.
With decades of combined experience, our attorneys have recovered over $240 million in damages for accident victims. We understand that our clients are counting on us and the stakes are high. With this in mind, we give each client the personal time and attention he or she deserves.
If you or a loved one has been hurt in an accident, please reach out to us as soon as possible. When we take on your case, our attorneys will be committed to helping you resolve it and get fair restitution for the pain and suffering you have endured.
Contact us at 1-866-909-6894 or complete our online form to get a free case assessment. A member of our legal team is available to speak with you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Working with us is risk-free – with our No Fee Guarantee®, you won’t pay us anything unless you get compensation for your claim.