Slip-and-fall accidents can happen anywhere, at any time. When these happen, it is essential to have an experienced lawyer on your side who knows how to get you the compensation you deserve.
At Judd Shaw Injury Law, we believe that you deserve experienced and dedicated legal representation. We can provide you with this. Our slip and fall lawyers have years of experience representing clients in a variety of cases, from minor falls to more serious injuries.
We proudly represent injured victims in New Jersey and across the nation. After being hurt in a slip-and-fall accident, you can stand up for the justice and compensation you deserve by letting us fight for you. To schedule a free consultation, call 1-866-909-6894 or fill out our online contact form.
What Is a Slip-and-Fall Injury Accident?
There are many dangers that we face every day, both at home and at work. A slip-and-fall accident is one of the most common – and potentially very dangerous. Slip-and-fall accidents can happen anywhere but are most common in stores, restaurants, and office buildings.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), each year over 3 million people are treated in emergency departments for falls. These accidents can be especially dangerous for older adults. It is estimated that 7 fatalities occur every hour for older fall victims. Healthcare workers and retail workers were also found to be in danger of slip-and-fall accidents.
Slip-and-falls are often caused by a variety of hazards, such as:
- Wet floors
- Poor lighting
- Uneven pavement
- Icy parking lots
- Cluttered work environment
Regardless of how they occur, slip-and-fall accidents can have serious consequences. Of course, every case is different. If you are unsure whether you have a valid case, it is best to speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer. The lawyers of Judd Shaw Injury Law can evaluate your claim and let you know what your options are.
The Importance of Having a Reliable Slip and Fall Lawyer
Often, many factors contribute to slip-and-fall accident claims, and it can be difficult to prove liability without the help of an experienced attorney. If you try to handle your case on your own, the insurance company may take advantage of you and offer a low settlement.
Here are some specific ways in which an attorney can help your claim:
- Investigating the scene and collecting evidence: The right attorney will know how to investigate and collect evidence, including photos of the scene, witness statements, and surveillance footage
- Determining who is liable for your injuries: Your legal team can help you determine whether the property owner, manager, or another party is responsible for your accident
- Negotiating with insurance companies: Your lawyer can help you handle insurance companies to reach a fair settlement for your injuries
- Protecting your rights in court: If a fair settlement cannot be reached with the insurance companies, your attorney can take your case to court
What Are the Most Common Slip and Fall Injuries?
Slip-and-fall accidents can be extremely dangerous, often leading to serious injuries that can have a long-lasting impact on your health.
The most common slip and fall injuries include:
- Head injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Shoulder injuries
- Elbow dislocation
- Ligament tears.
- Wrist injuries
- Hip fractures
Even if your injuries are not severe, you may require medical treatment and miss time from work, which can quickly become expensive. A skilled lawyer, though, can help you recover damages for your losses.
Judd Shaw Injury Law can help you get the compensation you deserve. When you contact our law office, we will schedule a free consultation to discuss your case. During your consultation, we will review the circumstances of your accident and answer any questions you have about the legal process.
Who Is At Fault in a Slip-and-Fall Accident?
Many people think that it’s their own fault for falling and they have no legal recourse. However, this is not always the case. If the property owner failed to warn visitors of a potential hazard on the premises, he or she could also be held liable.
It might be more challenging to prove your case if you were trespassing on a property when you were injured. However, if the property owner created a dangerous condition that forced you to enter their property, he or she could still be held liable.
When an accident happens in a public place, the government entity responsible for maintaining the property may be liable.
What Damages Are Recoverable After a Slip and Fall Injury?
What damages are recoverable in a slip and fall case? The answer depends on the circumstances of your case. Here are some examples of what you may be entitled to recover:
- Medical expenses: Medical expenses may include current and future medical bills, rehabilitation, or long-term care. For especially severe injuries, you may also be able to recover damages for emotional distress or pain and suffering.
- Lost wages: If your injuries have prevented you from working, you may be able to recover lost wages, including benefits you would have received had you been able to continue working. In some instances, you may be able to recover damages for loss of earning capacity if your injuries have permanently affected your ability to earn a living.
- Property damage: If your property has been damaged as a result of the slip-and-fall, you may be able to recover the cost of repairs or replacement. This can include any personal belongings that were damaged in the accident.
- Punitive damages: In certain cases, punitive damages may also be available. damages are not meant to compensate the victim for financial losses but rather to punish the at-fault party for their negligence.
Judd Shaw Injury Law Can Help With Your Slip-and-Fall Accident
At Judd Shaw Injury Law, our team of personal injury lawyers has a long track record of success. We have recovered millions of dollars in settlements for our clients. To view what some of our clients have to say, click here. Although no outcome can be guaranteed, you can rest assured that you are in good hands when you choose to work with Judd Shaw Injury Law. We have your best interests at heart.
We believe you should not have to bear the financial burden of someone else’s negligence.
After a slip-and-fall accident caused by another party’s negligence, you deserve to be compensated. Don’t go it alone – the attorneys of Judd Shaw Injury Law know how to navigate the legal system and build a strong case on your behalf.
Our attorneys have years of experience protecting the rights of slip and fall victims. There is no risk or obligation when you speak with us. We offer you our No Fee Guarantee®, which means you won’t pay anything unless you win a settlement for your claim.
Contact us to schedule a free consultation. We will review your case and let you know how we can help. Call 1-866-909-6894 or fill out our online contact form.